I Forge Iron

Insulating firebrick stockist more south than bristol/bath ?

As the title states, I'm looking to buy insulating bricks, preferably off the shelf so i can get as few as i like and without the postage doubling the cost. As it stands regardless where i buy from, due to cost or p+p cost i would get 2-3 26's for £20. I have family who travel to Bristol often on the weekend where vitcas only charge 2.60 p/brick but they are closed on the weekend. I have searched a whole bunch but i'm hoping i have missed somewhere, or someone, between there and the coast, maybe a member from here who keeps them for passive income? There is a place about 20 minutes ride away but he wants £10.80 p/brick and i just wont pay that out of principle.
Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Don't know whereabouts in Dorset you are, but you could try looking at glass makers in the area and see if they can help,

Alternatively go to a solid fuel centre and see if they sell firebricks, Log burners use them and they need renewing, I also purchase vermiculite sheets from my local logburner and flue installation shop to make gas forges with.