I Forge Iron

Forge Burner Bracket

Gymbo1

I am building a Propane tank gas forge and i am using T burners. I am going to be using 2 inches of ceramic wool and covering that in refractory. I am having trouble finding information on how far the pipe bracket for the burner should go into the forge. I am thinking it should just go to cover the wool and use a form for the refractory is this the way I should do it? Also I am worrying about the refractory falling from the top is this a risk or should it stay in place after hardened? Thanks.

Good Morning,

Heating element from a cloths Dryer is Nickle. Find a cloths dryer at the curb and rob the heating element from it. The nickle wire will support the wool and the refractory without degrading. I have ceramic buttons made by someone who does Pottery. Fasten the buttons in place with the wire. The ceramic buttons almost look like a drawer pull handle, approx 1.5" diameter head with a hole through the stem to attach the wire to. Drill a little hole in your Can/Forge body, poke the ends of the wire through and give them a twist after they go around another piece of wire or a finishing nail (to stop the wire from pulling through to the inside).

Neil