I Forge Iron

welding cart homemade

welding cart

hello, I should make a small table with ruoote to put on a synergic welder the measures are 170x 320x 400 mm the weight six kg should be at least 80/90 centimeters high from the ground with all the wheels, I would like to create a welder trolley on which to make even shelves like shelves to keep the welding machine, the mask the cables the electrode packs and all the necessary equipment, some economic and aesthetically pleasing ideas to lose little time and little money thanks

Commercial link removed.

saldatrice-ad-inverter-portatile-presto-

I don't know what's available in Italy but in the USA where one can get chinese offerings at cheap prices, it doesn't really pay to make your own unless your needs are quite specialized.  My plasma cutter sits on a chinese rolling cart designed more for auto mechanics (has some drawers) and I couldn't have bought the raw material for what the whole cart cost.  My TIG sits on a more traditional TIG cart, basically the same deal. Same with the buzz box welder. With discounts, these carts tend to cost $ 75 USD to $ 200 USD depending on the features you want (some are even cheaper).  But they do work well--sometimes with minor modifications.

Alternatively, one can sometimes find a used platform to transform into a welding cart--check used office furniture stores as well as general used goods stores and eventually things turn up.  In the past, schools were tossing the old tall tv/video carts and those made good platforms for welders, just as an example.  

So yes, you can build a fancy cart--it's nice to have the welders on a proper rolling cart with storage for consumables and cords...but it may be cheaper and easier in the long run to start with an existing platform from either the "cheap chinese tool store" or from used sources.  Either just work with what the cart gives you or do minor modifications.

thanks for your advice I found 80 cm x 40 cm boards you think it is enough L-shaped iron from 30 mm height 90 cm from the ground 3 shelves.

Required Materials

1/8" standard steel angle iron (sizes chosen to accommodate 4-foot lengths angle iron is available in):
          Four 1/8" x 1" x 1" - 18" in length mitered at 45 degrees
          Four 1/8" x 1" x 1" - 30" in length mitered at 45 degrees
          Four 1/8" x 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" - 36" in length (legs)
    Two 1/8" thick mild steel plates measuring 17-1/2" x 29-1/2"
    Four casters with threaded shafts and matching nuts
    Four coupler nuts used to fasten threaded rod together
    Four lock washers to fit caster shafts
    One steel tubing 3" in length, 1-1/4" inside diameter

Materials List

• 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ x 1/8″ x 10′ angle iron (3)
  • 32″ x 20″ x 1/8″ sheet metal (2)
  • 1-1/2″ x 1/8″ x 4″ round tube (1)
  • 4″ x 130-lb.-rated caster with brake (4)
  • 7/16″ non-zinc or galvanized nuts, fit to casters (4)

Metal Welding Table.jpg

table.jpg

banco.jpg

Tech Art for Welding Table Designs.jpg