I Forge Iron

Inside dimensions of furnace?

Hello, I am new here and new to forges.  I am building a propane furnace with fire bricks for my A8 crucible.  I would like to know if there is a formula for the outside dimensions of a crucible to the inside dimensions of the furnace for running at the best efficiency.  Any advice woulld be appreciated.  

Are you familiar with the forum AlloyAvenue? There's a casting and smelting section here but this forum is primarily focused on blacksmithing. You may find more info at AlloyAvenue but welcome aboard, ever thought about blacksmithing?

Pnut

2 hours ago, pnut said:

Are you familiar with the forum AlloyAvenue? There's a casting and smelting section here but this forum is primarily focused on blacksmithing. You may find more info at AlloyAvenue but welcome aboard, ever thought about blacksmithing?

Pnut

Thanks for taking your time to answer me, I ended up at this site because I was researching different propane burners and all the Frosty T Burner instructions brought me here.  

No problem at all. You are correct, Frosty is a member here. He will probably log on later. While you wait you may want to browse through the casting and smelting section if you haven't already. There's a thread called burners 101 that may have some info about the T burner you might want to check out. As far as crucible size I think the casting section would be your best bet. If all else fails and you still have questions about the T burner and frosty hasn't responded you can Pm him directly. I don't know that he can answer your question about the crucible to furnace size but forge to burner size has been widely discussed in burners 101. Good luck and you sure you've not wanted to blacksmith.... Come on, all the cool kids are doing it. 

Pnut