I Forge Iron

broken impeller in silver mfg forge

_pez

g'day

I wonder if you can help me. I'm trying to get a replacement impeller for my dad's forge. The forge is labelled "The Silver Mfg Co Salem O USA". 3 of the 4 vanes on the impeller have broken off and I'm trying to work out how to replace it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for something that I can buy that can be made to fit or someone who can make one?

regards
Andrew Perry
NSW

forge1.jpg

forge2.jpg

forge3.jpg

impeller1.jpg

impeller2.jpg

impeller3.jpg

impeller4.jpg

A quick web search turned up a number of sites about Silver Manufacturing but nothing current, as far as I looked that is. The below link doesn't violate forum rules though the others seem to be selling catalogs not parts.

http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgIndex/detail.aspx?id=751

Unless you're setting it up as a display I'd just make an impeller but I'm a tools are to use kind of guy. Of course IFI has something like 50,000 members in 150 countries, someone might have one they're willing to part with. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Cast iron? I'd braze the broken off vanes back on if they're there, or new ones made of mild steel if they're gone - try to get it fairly balanced to avoid vibration. Second option would be to make one from scratch.