I Forge Iron

Looking for an Urn...

;)

Hi there,

This is my first post on this site so i hope someone can help me.

On a sad note... my grandfather died last week and although i should be upset as we were close, i feel relieved that it wasn't a slow and painfull death. He spent 50 years of his life as a blacksmith in Holland and his last wishes were " I came from fire in the form of love, i worked with fire all my life now i go back to the fire ".

I am now living in Holland and have followed his wishes in the form of cremation but am now struggling to find that special Urn for the memorial wall. I would really like one with a blacksmith or anvil on the top but i haven't found one in Holland yet, so i'm now looking further afield.

Anyone know where i can buy one?

Thanks to anyone who can help this means a lot to me.

Sue :)

Sue, our condolences to you and your family.

Go to IForgeIron.com Ian's World Tour and look up the blacksmith's he visited in Holland. Contact those blacksmiths and ask for their advice. You may want to contact BABA with your request.

Anyone on IFI that knows of a blacksmith that can help out, speak up.

seems you could find a blacksmith that could forge one in some fashion..I can think of several designs using large diameter pipe that wouldn't be oversized. If you find no other help, post back here and we'll get something made.

Hi Sue, i think there is a blacksmith in Holland Called Willem Jonkers just google the name i am sure you will find him. If you have any problems let me know and i will look through the BABA handbook and find some details