I Forge Iron

quick bender I built

I posted this on another site this morning.It works well and thought I'd share it instead of lurking and not giving back.

That's piece of 5/8 stainless bent cold.1" post with a 2" bearing,6X8X4 block,10 X12 3/8 base plate,1X2X6 arm welded to a 1" handle about 12" long,2 3/8" X 7" post welded to block with an angle iron clip to keep everything rigid.I put a 4' handle on and bent some 2X1/4 flat cold.Just thought I'd share this with you folks.

6808.attach

First off let me say I love it. Looks functional and best of all it looks home-made. I love it when I see people using tools they made themselves, usually better than store bought nowadays. Now I would love to see a few more pics maybe a side shot, is the part that swings around adjustable for different sized stock or pretty much set.
Thanks for sharing.
Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Great tool Rusty, that is one of the things I like best about smithing is the ability to make the tools we need and not have to buy premade items of questionable quality. I KNOW when I make something that it's quality is mediocre at best but I made it and I'll do it better next time!

Also go to the User CP at the top and let us know where you live, maybe we're neighbors!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...