I Forge Iron

Any thoughts?

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but any thoughts before I start putting serious thought towards making this [100# anvil] my own?

[Commercial link removed]

Would be happy to update this post with actual pictures if I do get it.

Edited by Mod34
Commercial link removed per TOS

Looks decent; edges are in nice shape. If the rebound is good and you're comfortable with the price, go for it. If the price is a bit high for you, offer cash. People will sometimes find it hard to turn down cash that's right in front of them.

Those look to me more like gouges from a grinder or O/A torch. Even if the horn does break off (which seems unlikely), then you can still make yourself a bick to fit the hardy hole.

However, you can always use those gouges as a negotiating point, if you want to try to get the seller to bring the price down.

Not knowing where in the world you are located, it will be hard to say if the price is outrageous or not. Around my area $4.00 a pound would be hard to sell. With the pictures shown it's hard to see any cracks in the horn. I can see some gouges/snicks which wouldn't be a problem. Does the seller indicate how the "ring & rebound" are?