I Forge Iron

help design construction rake ripper for excavator

angiolino

hello, a friend of mine owns a small excavator model komatsu pc 75, should use it to clean up and clean up a long-abandoned agricultural farm, should weed out ailanthus type shrubs, weed weeds, bramble bushes, should free the soil from stones roots stones, for this motif asked me if I could make a rake by hand to make it easier to clean, the standard bucket is not suitable for this purpose, a rake about 1 meter thick 15 mm thick, teeth about 40 cm long, to be hooked to the strssa bucket of the excavator, some constructive suggestion for the bucket rake to slaughter and tear the soil ask about 1000 € uro, we want to spend less thanks to those who want to collaborate in our project.

rastrello.jpg

rastrello ripper.jpg

escavatore.jpg

komatsu pc 75.jpg

Do you want to build a long-lasting implement? If so, then I think you should consider building one where the "wear parts" can be replaced.

The concern that I have with your design is that the points of the tines might quickly become blunt or bent from hitting stones. You could maintain them as they wear by using hard-facing welding rod, but I think it's easier and cheaper to maintain tines that use very inexpensive replacement teeth/tips that can be replaced in minutes, as I have done on my own equipment.

The implement that you are designing looks a lot like what I would call a "land clearing rake" or "land clearance rake," like the one in this linked document. Note the replaceable teeth.

https://www.craigattachments.com/pdf/excavator/specialty/land-clearing-rake-info-sheet.pdf

However, to save money, you "might" consider building an implement that is more like what I would call a "scarifier rake," which uses adjustable and replaceable "scarifier shanks" with replaceable teeth/tips.

Here is a photo of one that is made to fit a three-point hitch, but you could probably build something similar that would connect to an excavator boom in place of the bucket, or possibly to the bucket as an attachment. You could space the scarifier shanks closer together, depending on your needs.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/wf72e.9ho5t/v/vspfiles/photos/LS-SCARIFIER-3.jpg?1457341521

Note that scarifier shanks are available in different shapes and curvatures, some of which might more closely match the curvature in your proposed design. If you do an Internet image search for "scarifier shank," you'll get a lot of results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scarifier+shank&num=30&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS725US725&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjszYC8zrPeAhUSneAKHcHVC8oQ_AUIDygC&biw=2048&bih=1039

Scarifier shanks are quite inexpensive and typically might cost roughly 20 US dollars each or less (plus shipping) and the replaceable tips/teeth usually only cost 5 or 6 US dollars each. You can shop around to find the best prices on either OEM or aftermarket parts.

In addition to the scarifier shanks in the above link, which have holes in them for the height adjustment pin, there are also shanks with notches in the edge for the height adjustment. These also have replaceable tips/teeth.

I hope that gives you some ideas.

Al (Steamboat)

You might also search for "ripper shank," which would provide more shank shapes and curvatures. Also note that the replacement teeth for either scarifier or ripper shanks are also available in sharply pointed shapes for easier soil penetration.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS725US725&biw=2048&bih=1000&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=_S3bW--8CMqy5gLljoK4Aw&q=ripper+shank&oq=ripper+shank&gs_l=img.3..0i67j0l4j0i5i30l5.16161.18075..18395...0.0..0.83.894.12......1....1..gws-wiz-img.....0.JN7EE6e8jmA#imgrc=_

Al (Steamboat)

• 1 month later...