I Forge Iron

Anvil and tools looking for a new home

Contact from Royal Cornwall Show,

Someone moving house soon has a "Large" anvil in good condition, some stakes and tools that need a new home where they can be appreciated, Someone required to take the lot.

Located near to Plymouth (UK) for futher details pm me

• 2 months later...

hello.
i have just returned to the area, and am in the process of moving into a new workshop at Flameworks. A creative arts facility in plymouth
I would be very interested in anvil and tools seems to close to be true .Please could you give me further details.
Am new to this forum lark and so apologise if i am replying to an old 'post'.
thanks.

Hi Paul, I will pm you with the details as I don't know wether it has yet gone or not.
I will be picking up some more tools including, pedestal and bench drills, grinders, chop saws, anvil and stand soon,

So keep looking on Blacksmith Guild UK group on forum for further details of tool sale bring and buy event, some time in October I think.

• 1 month later...

Hi Vic, yes it will be at Westpoint, our Guilds' home forge and training centre. I have just been and collected a lot of the stuff to be sorted and then I will make a list of what is available.

There is at least, an anvil on base, three bench shears (various sizes), a table drill, a floor standing drill with two tables, hand tools, tongs, a small swage block, ASO, stakes, taps and dies, oil cooled oxford welder, air cooled welder (All electric tools all are 240volt single phase) plus other items.

I will post date of sale on this site for anyone interested

If tongs are all you are after, try your local government surplus place, or make your own

What specific size and type are you after?

For a makeshift job, weld a piece of bar to the adjusting bolt on a pair of molegrips, this will give you something suitable and safe to use on various sizes of materials.

Hi John,

I'm just starting out so not sure of type yet but I'll only be making small stuff to start! I'll have a go at making some tongs when I've built a forge ..... :) I'm just using a propane torch at the moment :(:P Still, I'm not complaining as I've managed to make a good start. http://www.iforgeiron.com/forum/f7/anvil-stand-7401/

Thanks again, Vic.