I Forge Iron

Iron Kiss repair

My 150lb Iron Kiss keeps crapping out on me.  It will work correctly and the make some top end hits and then just sit at the bottom. Air pressure is fine  and I suspect roller valve/s.

I am not proficient in preumatics and wondered whether anyone could suggest who I might call to fix this for me. I am in Port Orchard WA.

Do you have an inline oiler for the pneumatics? Pneumatic switches can gum up and get erratic. The next thing is a water separator. Water in pneumatic lines can also mess things up. Now if the water is out, and the oiler is on, you need to make sure that the oiler is actually doing its job. They usually have a sight glass where you can see the oil being dripped into the airstream. We had an issue at Jelly Belly where the oilers wouldn't work because not enough air volume was passing through them - it was short bursts of air, not a long enough blast. They use venturis to "vacuum" the air into the lines, and that requires a certain amount of air for a certain amount of time to happen. In our case the volume was ok, but the time it was on was not, so it would just wiggle the droplet instead of pulling it off of the dripper.

Try squirting some air tool oil into the infeed line and see if it frees things up, after cycling it awhile to work it through the system. Do you see any oil evidence at the exhaust?