I Forge Iron

Information on my anvil please

This anvil was left behind when someone did a runner on the rent of their workshop. I cut the lock off the door for the landlord and he gave me the anvil as a thank you. It has spent the last 25 years as a garden ornement in my mums garden but it's now part of my forge set up. 

I have no way to weigh it but it took 2 of us to lift it in to my van and we struggled. The only marking or it is JS on the side, the Hardy hole is about 45mm and it has 2 pritchel holes, rebound is somewhere between 50 and 75% and it has a nice ring.  The face looks more like cast iron than steel but I think that's just the effect of pitting after being in the rain for all those years. 

If anyone can give me any info it would be much appriciated. I have been through the entire anvil section of the site and found nothing and googling JS anvils is no good, apparently there is a cyber security protocol of the same name

20180902_102359.jpg

20180902_102346.jpg

20180902_102410.jpg