I Forge Iron

Relationship between HRC and rebound

Abenakis, I am still very thrilled with my Nimba, it proves it's worth everytime I hammer on it. I was punching a slot through the Hardie hole the other night and managed to get the punch onto the edge of the hole. The punch was slightly damaged but the anvil was not even marked! Guess it was a good thing I made the punch from mild rebar and not tool steel.
Being from Maine originally I've spent a small amount of time near the city of Quebec but not Montreal, this though was long before I got into smithing. There seem to be plenty of blacksmiths in the New England states that I'm sure would welcome a brother smith down from the country of Quebec! oops I mean Province.:D
I'm curious though about your name on the site, are you of the Abenaki tribe(s)?

Well, if you are from Maine, then you are from the land that my ancestors has inhabited for thousands of years before they were push out of there. I know there are still some hiding there and that the names they had given to lakes and rivers are still the one used. The spirit of the proud Abenakis still live in the heart on many among which I am. And to tell you the truth, I will easily loose my path in a building but I can walk for hours in the mountains and I will always know where I am; I guess that thousands of years in this type of land has left their marks in the gene!

Thanks for the invitation to join the people from the east (abenakis means people from the dawn!). I will surely attend an ABANA happening when I have time.