Jump to content
I Forge Iron

Can anyone help me identify this?

Recommended Posts

I picked this up for $10 and figured it had something to do with smithing.......but it is much larger that anything I have seen before.

It is approximately 8" long and the center area is about 3" square....I can get exact measurements after work if needed

Any help is appreciated......thank you all




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a tinsmith stake to me or anvil hardy. I'm sure others will chime in with a more accurate description. In the meantime have you read this thread yet?


BTW Welcome to IFI that thread will help with using the forum.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Pexto stake plate that has tapered rectangular opening in it. I was thinking a tin smithing stake as well.

Note a hardy is a chisel used to cut steel.  There are a lot of tools that can fit in an anvil's hardy hole but they are not an anvil hardy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings All, 

      I do not think the taper would fit a Pexto plate...  My guess is some kind of a locater or guide for a machine .  What function would the machined flat be?  Just this ol boys 2c. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...