I Forge Iron

green smith

radius

Hi,

I basically don't know the 1st thing about iron, steel, tool or weapon making (although I'm a pretty good bowyer)...but I am interested in a big way. I would like to learn about the basic requirements for working in steel, and if anyone would be kind enough to point me to some answers, I would be much obliged.

Thanks

Scott

radius, go to the 'Home' page.........click on 'Lessons in metalworking', and just follow the links..............That will get you started.

Oh, and by the way Scott........welcome to Iforgeiron and the wonderful world of blacksmithing!
James

Howdy for East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Like Jayco said, check out the stuff in the Lessons in Metalworking. lotsa good material there that will help. Also, one of the BIGGEST things you can do is to go to the top of the page, in the green bar, click on user CP and update your profile giving your location! Shoot, you may have a dozen blacksmiths right down the street....well, at least in driving distance. We don't bite, at least not hard, and most are willing to help. Let us know where you are so we can. Enjoy the site and welcome to IFI.