I Forge Iron

Devil Forge Regulator

Luis Vernabe

What's the issue in using it?  the need for an adapter or the dial calibrated other than PSI? 

If it is the latter:  I tune my burners by eye and ear and realize that giving arbitrary PSI values that may not be correct anyway is rather useless. Cheap gauges tend to lose calibration with rugged use, (like most great cooks never trust the temperatures marked on their stoves until they have proven them in with a separate oven therometer), along with "manufacturing variability" in building the burner.  I'm always amazed at people having to set the "correct" pressure told by someone else rather than the right one for their system.)   All I use the numbers on the gauge for is to know what to set it at next time I run the forge. I could just mark it with a sharpie for that! When the gauge gets battered and stops working I just plug the hole and continue to use the regulator.

You don't need a new regulator, if it bothers you enough just replace the gauge, but like Thomas said adjust the pressure by sight & sound then mark the gauge for a starting & max pressure. You could also convert the pressure reading to psi & use that.

https://www.vici-jour.com/support/conv-pressure.php