I Forge Iron

• 4 months later...

I'm so going here next year.

Where exactly is it held? Also~ I think they may have some similar thing's at the smaller..(by smaller i mean like not even a third of the size - But it's only down the road from me.) stithian's show. I don't know. But something I'll look into.

Rich

Hi Rich, The Royal Cornwall Show is held on the showground at Wadebridge, it will be held on June 4th. 5th. and 6th 2009, There will be competitions, demonstrations and a chance for participants in the competition to sell items to the public. This will be the fourth year this feature is being run, and there is a small nucleus of local smiths involved who would make you very welcome.

These shows are an excellent way to get to promote yourself to the public, and meet and work alongside other like minded smiths, picking up tips and contacts.

Devon County Show (May 21, 22, 23, in 2009) at Westpoint near to Exeter also has a similar set up, but the feature there has been established for over 50 years with a permanent forging area which we use as our base for training courses and other events. This show is established on the National Blacksmith Competition Circuit along with another eight major shows, more details can be fund at National Blacksmiths Competition

The Royal Cornwall show is hopefully going to be included on this circuit when it is firmly etablished, so it needs all the help and support from local blacksmiths it can get.