I Forge Iron

Fledgling toolmaker from british columbia

Hey yall. This website has been a resource for my jouney into smithing for a while now. Thought it appropriate to finally make an account. Heres a little bit about myself.

I have been into metal work most of my working life . Started after high school as a pipefitters apprentice/welders helper. I dicovered blacksmithing about 4 years ago and have done it on and off but in the last year have been taking it more seriously. I started with a stainless steel sink forge and a shop vac as a blower. I have aquired now a good little riveters forge and use a hand crank blower. I have also upgraded from a railroad track anvil to a proper 165lb anvil.I am very fammiliar with the use of coal fuel and love the control it offers. My passion within the craft is making hand tools. 

Currently i am in switzerland . My good friend has given me access to a very nice shop where i have been honing my skills. This opportunity has been a god send. But i seek more instruction. I am open to all forms of advice and critisism. I will post more on this site as i go. Thanks. Get at me.

If your interested to see a few lil things iv made check out my instagram

Yellowbellforge @ instagram

• 1 month later...

Good Morning,

When you are back home, to BC, get in touch with me in Victoria.

One of our members (Vancouver Island Blacksmiths Association, VIBA) is from Switzerland. He has a daughter and her family still in Zurich.

Welcome to our world. Enjoy the Journey. Age is not rated.

Neil