I Forge Iron

my secound forge

boattlebot

finished building my secound forge. built out of a grill and used lessons from my first forge to make this one and it rocks. acedently melted what I was making. oops. 

20180626_133112.thumb.jpg.4da18e21360b5ea1d423edaa1cebd668.jpg20180626_135416.thumb.jpg.d1ce658c1c283a8ecb87af5f678eff23.jpg

the fuel is tractor supply coal. the blower is a hair dryer from dollar general the fire pot is the brake rotor from my first forge and the pipeing is a 3 inch exhuast pipe with a 2 1/4 coupler welded into the side for the t pipe. whole thing is miles ahead of the last forge. 

input? suggestions to make it better? 

I notice you have only the one cutout in the front to allow the stock to enter the fire level but there isn't one opposite that one to allow you to heat the middle of a bar. That might be a good thing to consider. 

Glad to see your progress. 

Works alot better to. this thing gets HOT. this one will last me awhile. the last one after awhile the bottom would plug up and kill the airflow killing the fire. this one once it's goin it's on. and I'm gettin bright orange and got the 3/8s steel rod I was workin to yellow where the last one I could manage a medium to bright red on the same rod so I'm happy (atleast untill I melt one of the tongs on a stake fork I was making)