I Forge Iron

Art on Fire!

The annual Art on Fire event is happening this coming Saturday 06/23/18 at the "Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry," close to the Wasilla Airport. Follow the signs off the Parks Highway north of Wasilla.

I'll be set up in front of the trains, between the engines, my usual location. It's close enough to get electric power for little thing. I'll be burning coal this year. 

If you bring your PPE I'll let you take a lash. It's good PR to let the public see a newcomer learning the craft.

Frosty The Lucky.

I just saw this, aaaargh I can't believe I missed this. I've been trolling this site for months and have had a bear of a time logging in. I was finally able to log in today. I've been wanting to meet you for awhile now...aaaargh! There are so few blacksmithing events here in Alaska.

Bummer, we were almost crowded with blacksmiths this year. Generally 4-5 working at once. The next club meeting is in Palmer, Saturday July 14th. at Pat Garley's "Arctic Fires Bronze." NOT the tanning studio that comes up on a search under the name though. You're subbed to the FB group yes? There's an event announcement in the side menu and we can talk about local . . . stuff. ;)

If next year is like this one I'll have to bring another anvil and forge so the guys can spread out a little. Still it's good for them to have to share kit. 

I'm still trying to get Carmen to email the announcement earlier, this year she sent it out the 20th. for an event taking place the 23rd. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.