I Forge Iron

The Friday night Knife Chat

EdCaffreyMS

Hi All!

For some time now I have been getting the impression that during the Friday night knife chat time (10pm central time) that folks are expecting something along the lines of what Glenn does on Tuesday nights......a tutorial and/or a rigid subject type environment. I feel it is necessary to explain what my intent on the knife chat is.

When I started the knife chat on my website, its intent was a place where knifemakers/bladesmiths could get together at an appointed time/place to exchange ideas, talk about subjects that folks might be having difficulties with, and maybe get some questions answered. Nothing rigidly structured, just makers talking about what they do, and exchanging information. When attendance out grew my website, Glenn offered to host the chat on IForgeIron, for which I'm very grateful.

I count on those attending the chat to bring up issues/subjects that they might have on their mind(s). Like most of you, I have a lot of irons in the fire, and simply do not have the time to create tutorial type information every week. All I ask is that things are kept civil (which everyone does a wonderful job of) and that those in attendance get what they need. All in all, just informal and friendly.

Sorry for being so long winded, but I just wanted to let everyone know what my expectations for the knife chat are. If your looking for good general information exchange, and seeking to solve problems concerning Bladesmithing, its the place to be.

Ed:

Well..Fridays are out for me that's the evening of my Iaido and Fencing classes..

Other than that things are so crazy around here still that I dunno if I am coming or going..

JPH

We had us a good knife chat last night, I hope to be able to make it again next friday, I got some good useful info and plan to put it to use after I get back from taking the hen to breakfast. Plus I'm going to take some picture's to post on here. Thanks go out to Ed, and all the other's that shared your tips and secrets...

Edited by WagonMaster