I Forge Iron

glad to join you folks

Well,greetings and salutations to everyone on this,the most esteemed of the ironworking forums.It was most kind of Glenn to invite me to join,can only hope not to give him,or any of you,a cause to regret it.
I owe all of you a debt of gratitude,for,though unelectric,and certainly unelectronic,for many years,through a good friend,vicariously,i've learned much of what i know from this forum-thanks a lot.
I've been forging now for,oh,8 some years,and learning,if anything,to keep my mouth shut,and listen-the main blacksmithing technique,i find.
Of formal schooling in this trade(or any other)i have none.3 years ago,a local charity has given me a grant to attend Mr.Hofi's class,in his shop,but that particular event was cancelled,and,having many constrains travel-wise,i ended up buying a LG25 instead-a terrible trade-off,but could not 've been helped at the time.
If anyone's interested in seeing some of my junk,here's a link:http://picasaweb.google.com/jakesiron.,but computer-retard that i am,i screwd something up,and it can only be found on yahoo...
Again,thanks to everyone here for carrying on the noble trade,much flattered to be here.Safe and constructive forging to all.Respectfully,Jake Pogrebinsky,Galena,AK.

Welcome to Iforgeiron, Jake!

This is a large website with tons of metalworking information and lots of friendly folks.
Since you've been smithing a while, you may have tips to share with us. Please do!
This place is a great information exchange.
There are more sections and features here than I can easily list.
If you have any questions, just ask.
ENJOY!