I Forge Iron

First knife bush craft

Kev walker

Very cool, I like it. Nice work. Can we get some dimensions? And was it stock removal or forged? (We like details lol)

The overall blade shape is well executed, the handle shape looks comfortable, the bevels appear nice and straight (picture makes it a little hard to tell) and the polish looks good. 

I know you didn't ask for critique, but here's mine:

The only thing I see is the closest pin to the blade. It looks way too close to the edge of the micarta. If it sees heavy use, that is an awful thin area right there. I see the symmetry you were going for between all the pins and the lanyard hole though. 

10 minutes ago, Will W. said:

Very cool, I like it. Nice work. Can we get some dimensions? And was it stock removal or forged? (We like details lol)

The overall blade shape is well executed, the handle shape looks comfortable, the bevels appear nice and straight (picture makes it a little hard to tell) and the polish looks good. 

I know you didn't ask for critique, but here's mine:

The only thing I see is the closest pin to the blade. It looks way too close to the edge of the micarta. If it sees heavy use, that is an awful thin area right there. I see the symmetry you were going for between all the pins and the lanyard hole though. 

Hi  thanks for your reply I see what you are looking at it is a bit close  but the handle tapers a bit  towards the blade which you can't see that well in the picture anyway it is too close but it is my first one and my next one will not be that close thanks .I only have this one picture and I never took any measurements of it so the next time my son comes down I will take some better pictures and some dimensions .it was stock removal but I have got some Bar stock 01 steel  that I was going to forge I have got a tire hammer  I will have a go at forging one 

IMG_1684.thumb.JPG.e6d6d33a3e6b13010ed767a0b71484d5.JPG