I Forge Iron

TBI Survivors

Frosty

Tonight Aug 22. Frontline on PBS is discussing Traumatic Brain Injuries. Largely brought to light because of the debilitating conditions suffered by pro football players. (American football) 

There are a lot of us out there and it may be of interest or even use. 

Thank you for tipping me to the program Pat.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm following laurabpilates on Instagram, her husband Jon Grant suffered a massive TBI earlier this year getting t boned. He was a navy seal, and seeing where he was 6 months ago compared to now is pretty dramatic. For doctors only giving him a 10% chance to live He's doing great he's finally starting to talk again in whispers, each post she makes I can see improvement, hoping for the best, but they still don't know what his ceiling is, he certainly hasn't reached it yet 

I'd seen that program before it was more an expose of what BAD guys the club owners are than anything actually useful about TBI.

The advancements being made daily are amazing, people are recovering  more faster than Si Fi would have thought believable a couple decades ago. I was lucky, the hospital I went to had a state of the art head trauma section, newest one in the country a week earlier so I got as good as was available. It's not an accident my handle here is "Frosty The Lucky."

When the surgeons were working on me in emergency surgery they scrubbed and gowned Deb so she could be with me in the operating room. It was a week before anyone would say I MIGHT make it. 

You bet they don't know where he's going to plateau, I'll bet he surprises everybody. Medicine has advanced 8 years since my accident and they're putting a LOT more effort and money into research. Remember the more he has to think the better he'll get at it but pressure is a BAD thing.

Tell him Frosty says welcome to the lucky to be alive club. Glad to have you.

Frosty The Lucky.