I Forge Iron

Orange Engine Show Demo's

Well this past weekend I took the trailer and went to the Orange engine show to do demo's.. http://www.cmsgma.com/2017-ENGINE-SHOW.html

While I planned on making quite a few items.. there were so many Newbie smiths roaming around that I ended up doing Q&A  and talking more than working.. Really a new experience for me as a demo'r vs in a teacher setting, as I usually just have to explain a little and it's time to move on..  Not with this group of people.. They were asking all sorts of questions and put me in Teacher position..  

I was able to make a 5/8" drift, a tool for making hinges out of a leaf spring, a fireplace poker with blacksmiths twist (basket) hand,  and an Arrow pattern Suffolk latch and thumber.. 

Both Saturday 8-4:30pm and  Sunday at 8am and closed up at 2pm.. I think I forged maybe 2hrs the whole time on Sunday. 

20170624_114523.jpg

20170624_124905.jpg

20170624_124933.jpg

20170624_125046.jpg

20170624_154301.jpg

20170625_120945.jpg

20170625_125308.jpg

Neat set up you have there, jtl.

It's our busy tourist season here (mid winter) so my daily demos have been well attended - and like you, I spend a lot of time answering questions. I like that handle on the poker - the ball on the end is great.

And interesting that you have an Orange in MA. We have an Orange in NSW.

Like Aus said, nice set up. Looks like a fun time.

Have you been to the flea market there? I just looked at it on the website, and it looks like it would maybe be a decent one.

Littleblacksmith

9 hours ago, ausfire said:

Neat set up you have there, jtl.

It's our busy tourist season here (mid winter) so my daily demos have been well attended - and like you, I spend a lot of time answering questions. I like that handle on the poker - the ball on the end is great.

And interesting that you have an Orange in MA. We have an Orange in NSW.

I joined a "New England " Mountain Man group online only to find you also have a "New England" I'm still an online member it's a great group of people and i get to learn a little of your great country as well.