I Forge Iron

My first pair of bolt tongs

VainEnd84

Well I had a few hours in the shop today and wanted to work on making a pair of bolt tongs, I looked at a few plans online and watched a few videos then gave it a shot! I didn't have any 3/4" square stock so these started from 1/2" square. They are a little thin in a few parts and a bit lopsided and I don't expect that they will hold up for a long time, but I made them and I learned a great deal in the process.

What do you all think?

IMG_2592.JPG

I should also mention that this is the second pair of tongs I have ever made, the first were so ugly and wobbly that can't really use them, these new ones don't wobble at all! Yay me

They look like an exact twin of my first pair.  So, of course that makes them amazing!  Seriously, though, they are surprisingly similar.  If they get the job done that you needed them for they are perfect.  I remember the things I learned from my first pair just by looking at the picture.  Enjoy the first time you use them and then make more!