I Forge Iron

Video "How to Hand forge nails" IE Making nails

1 minute ago, BlasterJoe said:

Very cool video. I'm definitely going to use some of those techniques. The skull head nail looks like a lot of work to smack with a hammer. Do you have special projects for those?

Thanks..  

No, just a cool project to show that more then boring nails (nails aren't boring to me :) ) can be made with a nail header..    I took about 3-4X longer to make anything on the videos since they are supposed to be learning or instructional videos and going to fast would detract from their usefulness. 

A door with edging I thought would look pretty cool with skull nails..  Someone could make all sorts of faces and such.. 

I just noticed the rest of the instructional videos on the forum. I will be checking them out. This one was very helpful for me. I'm about a year into smithing and have a lot to learn. 

Thanks for posting these. I really like the pip feature.

thats a good idea for the skull heads as long as they are driven into something soft. Maybe something you could put through a predrilled hole and bend it over.