I Forge Iron

Trying to build a forge

JMForge

JMForge

Gauge of sheet metal for what exactly? The tuyere? Or the top of the forge where coal will be put? Obviously you're not talking about your firepot, as you say your using a rotor for that. We need more details of what you're planning. 

sorry about that i should've made it clearer. Yes I'm talking about the top plate where ill be putting coal and holding the rotor. I'm planning on using 1 1/2 inch black pipe with a t section to create my tuyere and a pvc ball valve to control my air flow as ill be using a single speed bathroom vent fan as my bellows.

JM, my table is made from 1/4" plate, and holds a brake drum fine.  I have heard some use 1/8" sheet but you might need a brace across the bottom to prevent sag when it gets warm.  I saw a brake drum forge this weekend that a guy made in about an hour from a stainless steel, two level food table/cart on wheels.  It was about 18" x 30".  It had a fairly thin top and the guy unscrewed it, flipped it over and the lip around the edges held his coal in.  Even the thin stainless held the drum arrangement fine.  They may have to brace it underneath later.