I Forge Iron

Ceramic wool coating

iamjoe,

You took the trouble to post a video of your burner running, and while I would rather not comment on it, it looks like no one else well, so here goes. The flame it produces is rather poor. While it has a vague resemblance to my burner design, its details show it isn't even close. Review the information in the Burners 101 thread, and you can greatly improve it. You really need to improve that flame if you plan to use it in your mini-forge, or the forge will be heavily reducing (lots of carbon monoxide in its exhaust), and won't get very hot. Sorry, but there it is.

36 minutes ago, Mikey98118 said:

iamjoe,

You took the trouble to post a video of your burner running, and while I would rather not comment on it, it looks like no one else well, so here goes. The flame it produces is rather poor. While it has a vague resemblance to my burner design, its details show it isn't even close. Review the information in the Burners 101 thread, and you can greatly improve it. You really need to improve that flame if you plan to use it in your mini-forge, or the forge will be heavily reducing (lots of carbon monoxide in its exhaust), and won't get very hot. Sorry, but there it is.

It's a learning process. If I expected perfect I'd bought one. Thanks for the truth. I can handle it. Here's a video of it running.

20170213_204531.mp4

20170213_200559.mp4

On a positive note, I was able to make this.

20170304_194544.jpg

20170304_194551.jpg

20170304_194620.jpg

Here is another positive note: The forge is getting much hotter than I had expected. You will need to make sure your work area has a fan-flown exhaust cleansing the air anytime you are running the forge, because its exhaust looks heavily reducing. I think you are doing well--so far--and hope you keep improving that forge and burner.

9 minutes ago, Mikey98118 said:

Here is another positive note: The forge is getting much hotter than I had expected. You will need to make sure your work area has a fan-flown exhaust cleansing the air anytime you are running the forge, because its exhaust looks heavily reducing. I think you are doing well--so far--and hope you keep improving that forge and burner.

Thanks for the advice. I was uncertain about the exhaust so I only run it outside. Don't need to be passing out in my shed. I'll do some research and see if I can improve it.