I Forge Iron

Pictures of interest

Frank Turley

I'm wondering about your bolt and it's position on the hinge side of the door, gate, etc. Doesn't that subject it to a lot of force if someone tries the door?

I love the horse it brings to mind paintings, carvings and sculptures from Troy. It's not the same "attenuation(?)" but it brings the ancient works to mind.

The lock is beautiful work but I like to know how stuff works.

Everything else looks like good solid blacksmitherly work. Nice spread of pictures Frank, thank you.

Frosty The Lucky.

39 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I'm wondering about your bolt and it's position on the hinge side of the door, gate, etc. Doesn't that subject it to a lot of force if someone tries the door?

I love the horse it brings to mind paintings, carvings and sculptures from Troy. It's not the same "attenuation(?)" but it brings the ancient works to mind.

The lock is beautiful work but I like to know how stuff works.

Everything else looks like good solid blacksmitherly work. Nice spread of pictures Frank, thank you.

Frosty The Lucky.

The bolt was removed and used elsewhere. I think Guerra's lock innards are shown on youtube, still pictures.

A few more pictures.....

iron wrapped stone; Doug Wilson. Pincer tong jaws. Sam Yellin letter opener. Old French latch bar. Shutter strap hinge with purposeful bend,H-L hinge,and bolts from New Orleans.

172.JPG

174.JPG

192.JPG

190.JPG

193.JPG

238.JPG

4 hours ago, stockmaker said:

Thanks Frank, it is very enjoyable looking through this stuff. 

Stockmaker et al., A few more. Early Turley Morgan horseshoe, front, 16 ounces. "Play scrolls;" I move them around to aid designing. Japanese made fireplace trammel with clever friction stop. From Texas, a drop handle, a trick; make a lemon shape, heat and bend finial-end back to center. Turley hammer, Japanese style for a friend.

144.JPG

228.JPG

281.JPG

282.JPG

516.JPG

523.JPG