I Forge Iron

My First "Real" Knife

MrDarkNebulah

Hi everyone. Here is my first "real" knife that I've made. I say real because I tried my hand a while ago at some railroad spike knives, but those were when I had just started and weren't the right steel. This one was made from an old file and the handle is a railroad spike wrapped in paracord. It is a little less wide than I would have liked, but if I were to make it wider then I would have lost the file pattern and I wanted to keep that. I should have been a little bit more careful with my hammering at the tip as you can see there were some things that I couldn't grind out. It was quenched in used motor oil and tempered in a toaster oven. Tested with a file it skated off. The inspiration for this knife was a knife I saw at the New England Fall meet (The bottom one). Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the guy who made the first one. Sorry. 

I would love to hear what you guys have to say and any comments or critiques. Thanks in advance!

Kukri.jpgKukri inspiration.JPG