I Forge Iron

False advertising

Someone in N east Aust is selling anvils,  or should I say ASO,  that are cast iron and appear to have been cast from real anvils. The add suggest the would suit blacksmiths and metal workers. the 50kg (112lbs) one has been cast from a bk  anvil($350) and a 70kg one looks like an old English maker($450). They both don`t have pritchel holes

$_20d.jpg

$_20hj.jpg

$_20r.jpg

yy.jpg

17 hours ago, stan said:

Someone in N east Aust is selling anvils,  or should I say ASO,  that are cast iron and appear to have been cast from real anvils. The add suggest the would suit blacksmiths and metal workers. the 50kg (112lbs) one has been cast from a bk  anvil($350) and a 70kg one looks like an old English maker($450). They both don`t have pritchel holes

Where was this advertised Stan? Gumtree or eBay?

Cheers

3 hours ago, George Geist said:

Looks like a real POS. Anybody try one yet? They just for export?

George

George, I have not seen these anvils before, they are being sold locally, it is gumtree Peter. What is also interesting is the weight that the seller is quoting is what the original cast steel anvil weight would be.

Hopefully it isn't someone in the community.

I can't judge an anvil by its looks. The last time I looked at one I just do the rebound and ring test.

since they are cast iron these would be just purely for display not for blacksmithing im assuming.

That's right Peter ,I would like to see these anvils being used as garden ornaments in stead of real anvils. Also like to hear from someone who is actually using one .The other issue is how they get away with having all the original brand name and markings on them. Heres  my real one

stephen 115.jpg