I Forge Iron

My thanks.....

Smoggy

All but a year ago I joined this forum after being directed here by the Iron Dwarf and the Copper Elf. I would like to thank ID for introducing me to smithing, I've known him for some years and offered to help out on his stand 3 years ago, which is when I met CE. I would very much like to extend those thanks to all here at IFI, Glen, the admins and the contributing members. I have gleaned so much knowledge and enjoyed the online company more than I can express, and I still have still after a year only touched the surface of the site!

I help organise and set up the show ID attends in the run up week but as that work is completed on the Friday prior to the show and I am therefore finished, I volunteered to help ID out on the Saturday as CE was busy elswhere. Lost count of how many nails ID had me resize........please buy the correct size in future Dwarf!

As every year, a local couple looked after me in the run up week, ensuring a warm welcome, regular refreshments and evening entertainment. So when I found out the good lady wanted a toasting fork, I thought making her one by way of a thank you was appropriate. Having never made one I thought it prudent to ask CE to run me throught the steps for the pointy end, I did right, as due to the tutorial and ongoing advice I managed to make what I consider to be a more than reasonable product without having to achieve the countless failures learning to do it myself. The recipient was over the moon with the fork, appreciative of the gift and insisted our group all have midnight toast around the campfire fire that last night. So my thanks to you also CE.

Sorry, I have no pictures of the fork .........or the nails.

thank you for the help, 3 years ago you were a bit less of a help but in the intervening time you have got a lot better.

CE commented on how well you did with the fork.

and there was only 1 size listed for the nails, first pack was ok but after that they were bigger ( thanks for the help with that and when I get my camera unpacked I will add a few pictures here.

a good event, and thank you to all involved.

look forward to being there again next year