I Forge Iron

2nd knife

grammer

Mornin guys 

this is my 2nd knife not perfect by any means but honest thoughts on it would be really appreciated the knife blade is a coil spring from a f-450 quenched in pre heated vegetable oil and tempered in the oven handle is cherry wood stained in Jacobean stain also used wood to cover the hole where the  tang was inserted in the handle? the shot gun shell in the end of the handle was just for somethin a tad extra? 

thanks 

grammer

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well when I use a shotgun (or rifle brass) I like to pop out the primer and rivet the tang into that hole...However It's a very nice touch on your blade as it is!

What purpose is the front chunk of wood?  I'd put in a simple guard and skip the other piece except if you are going to so a clean tight fit of differing coloured materials for aesthetics.  Gaps will allow water and crud ingress so for working blades we suggest you bed it with epoxy to prevent any access.

Thank you mr powers I appreciate it I like the idea of riveting the tang and the tight fit is what I was going for hahaha but I need to work on my fine wood working skills as well it is filled with epoxy but having it flush with epoxy makes way more sense as the wet weather will probably destroy the handle I may put a coating of polyurethane to seal it all up there is so many different things to think of while doin this haha

thank you very much