I Forge Iron

Champion Lancaster Blower 400

Créations Caco

I just hope I am posting this thread in the right section, if no please Mod can you move it for me.
I am in the process of restoring an old Champion Blower Forge blower 400, I would like to know if there is a parts diagram for the blower, while taking it apart I found out that it might be missing a cone nut, ths one towards the fan,(spiral gear movement) this nut usually keeps the loose ball bearing together. If this is the case, can somebody tell me where I can get a replacement cone nut.??
Merci

blower 400 (2).JPG

There was a thread not that long ago where one of the members restored one. Try the search feature looking for "400",or "Champion 400", as there have been a few posts about these blowers.

As to parts, especially the bearing-none available new unless it is made in a machine shop. 

Thank you for your reply, I just read the post and I have one more question before I take my spiral gear to a machine shop  to have the part made out. I just took an other picture of the shaft and this is what I have,to the left I have a cone nut, washer and ordinary nut, to the right I have probably missing a cone nut, ordinary nut, washer, fan assembly, washer and a ordinary nut, is the the proper assembly that I have to do when I put everything together.
Merci a lot for your help.

blower 400 pratical.JPG

Yes, you are missing the cone nut on the fan side. Note that the washers should have an internal tooth to fit in the groove in the shaft. Look through the bellows section or just search for champion 400, you should get loads of information for the rebuild. Here's a copy of a diagram for the internals. Hope it helps.

Champion.png

5 hours ago, JME1149 said:

Yes, you are missing the cone nut on the fan side. Note that the washers should have an internal tooth to fit in the groove in the shaft. Look through the bellows section or just search for champion 400, you should get loads of information for the rebuild. Here's a copy of a diagram for the internals. Hope it helps.

Champion.png

Thank you very much for the info, a big help and have a nice evening