I Forge Iron

Nelson machine works

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar machine only mine is model 103c it has a belt on one side and a 10" wheel on the other. Cannot see if yours has the water setup or not but mine does on both sides. I also have not been able to find any information on this machine or company. Other than a few rock saws online I have not seen any others from this company before now. Let me know if you learn more information on this unit.

There is a comment that Nelson Machine works was somehow tied in with Coos Bay Iron Works..who made much of the smaller equipment apparently due their expertise with casting and pattern making (for ships and logging mainly).  At least that's what one source mentions.  Sure isn't a lot of background information, though.

I bring it up because the Coos Bay Iron Works shop is apparently for sale...with 100+ years of line-shaft driven machinery, steam engine, etc.  Some of the photos might be of interest to some and maybe if one of you iron bangers wins the lottery...

http://coosbayironworks.com