I Forge Iron

Beginner in Lusby, MD

ISmeden

My name is Chris, I'm a beginner in Southern Maryland.  I've had some basic tutelage but looking for a working blacksmith around my area that I can learn under.  I've acquired a great anvil and a good 3 burner propane forge for portability, the coal forge will have to wait until I have an area I can really set up in.  I'm looking to make more tools and refine techniques.  Hoping that folks on here will be able to help with both advise and direction when needed.

Welcome aboard Chris, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you're a lot more likely to find out how many IFI members live within visiting distance. What's the make of the forge? 3 burners is a pretty big forge but it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Frosty The Lucky.

It's a majestic 3 burner farrier forge.  The only reason I went with that one instead of the regular 3 burner they had is because it has a front door on it instead of just the 2 end openings.  It's doing pretty decent for making more tongs and tools.  As big as it sounds it's actually smaller than you'd think.  I was thinking about putting up an evaluation of it in the gas forge section but the only comparison's I have are from a coal forge and the 2 and 3 burner NCTools forges Pat had at his shop.  I'll try and change the header to include more information.