I Forge Iron

January 2008 Meeting Question

I'm planning on comming to the January '08 meeting and I was wondering if there were any tailgaters planning on being there?

If there are does anyone have an extra hand crank blower that they'd be willing to sell? If so how much? My electric one on my rivet forge just died and I'll either need to replace it with a electric one or a manual one.

Also I have a 5gal bucket full of RR spikes, and RR bolts/nuts. Anyone want me to bring them along to tailgate?

-Dan

There are people from time to time who tailgate at the meetings. One guy shows up usually and has a few blowers, but no guarantees.....as far as the 5gal. bucket is concerned.....you can ask around when you get to the meeting. There are always folks interested in things like that.

Hope to see ya on the 19th!
Peyton

Thanks Peyton and Keith for your responses.

Keith that would be great if you want to bring the blower. Just let me know how much you want for it or how many rr-spikes you want for it ;-).

Peyton whats the protocol for if you don't have an item for iron in the hat? Do you just chip in $10 at the door?

Thanks again you too. I'm really looking forward to getting together.

-Dan

No protocol......come as you are. We ask if you would consider an item for Iron in the Hat....or buy a few tickets....or both.

We leave it up to the members. What they put into it is what they will get back out.

So Dan.....Come as you are and you will be welcomed! $10 bucks in tickets may win you a few things to go home with too.....:)

See ya'll there!

Peyton

Y'all come on out and have a good time
John Elliot ( blacksmith Supply ) will be here with his box truck full of supplies and Blacksmithing wares, Usually Anthony is there with his tools and supplies and a lot more and hopefully some other tailgaters. You never know how many tailgaters will show up for sure or what they will be bringing.
Kent Flowers usually has coal there for sale by the bag.
And of course there is the DEMO which is usually superb as we try real hard to bring in the best that we can.
There is never any cost to attend other than something for iron in the hat and a $ 5.00 donation if you eat lunch to help cover the expense.
Hope to see you here

Mike Tanner