I Forge Iron

Plastech 85p question

I've been reading, an activity that usually gets me in trouble, and came across the product Plastech 85p as a floor.  I did a search and the earliest post mention this stuff was 2010.  It was also used by a former member here (it says banned under his name) Dave Hammer to build the floor of his super c forge on youtube. 
Is this product not used anymore? And, if it is how do you like it?

Another idea came to me about lining the entire inside of a forge with it.  Anyone do that.?

Did you do a web search using those terms? Just reading the headers in the hits I see it's a phosphate bonded high alumina refractory. Without reading in depth it sounds like a great forge liner. Both phosphate and alumina are very much caustic resistant at high temperatures meaning it's very resistant to forge welding fluxes. I'd be thinking about using it for an inner hard refractory liner and insulating around it. Keeping the blanket OUT of flame contact altogether is a good thing.

Do some reading about the product and see what you think. Consider it's working range and failure range. Consider application or how much hassle it is to use or work with. And of course price and availability.

Frosty The Lucky.

I did some reading and it is used in refractories so I figured it was a good idea but only old posts here mentioned it but only for floors. I thought there might be some reason. I planned to get some but was weary about its application in a hobby forge, like maybe the stuff did not like the constant heating/cooling of a hobby forge.