I Forge Iron

sheath

dps9999

Hey guy's sorry if this is in the wrong spot didn't see and "sheath making" or anything like that if it goes some where else or another forum just let me know. So i got a piece of the red holtex (the one that has almost like a carbon fiber type of pattern almost like a checkerboard pattern on one side. So i went through the process and when i took it out of the foam press (homemade) it was very dull looking. Is that just how it is i have never used one with the pattern on it? is there any way to "brighten" it up? Thanks ahead of time again let me know if this belongs somewhere else.

this piece was holtex and it has somewhat of a checerboard pattern on it just like how some carbon fiber has that pattern to it before i heated it the pattern was nice crisp and shiny after taking it out it it was very dull and hard to see that pattern     not the molding

i was thinking over heat too i am going to try again tomorow     yes it has 2 sides only one has that pattern on it wich faces out when done.....i think its over heating ill try again tomorow let yat know how it turns out    thanks