I Forge Iron

You Tube

Yes, I have seen these before. They are really cool. It is too bad that there is not something regular on TV for Blacksmiths. Maybe someday.... I have actually been to the smithy in the video with the copper rose. But unfortunately when I was there the place was closed and all I got was a snapshot of the outside. I forget what town and maybe the video says it, but it is in the NW Michigan area.

Every one is always bringing up youtube videos. I've never seen one. Unless I invest in satellite internet, I'll only get 26.4 Kbps max. with my dial up connection. Well, you have to make some allowances for living way out in the country. At least no one objects to coal smoke and noise (blacksmithing, classic rock, gunfire).

Steve

When I'm at the country side. .and I can spend 2-3 months at a time there. .I don't miss TV or the internet or my PC as long as I have electricity for my grinders and drills :D

The country side in Romania is medieval ..except for the electricity.
It is interesting though ..that the resident blacksmith in our village died 2 years ago ..and his son in law took over .. altho he isn't that good. . he only uses an improvised welder and grinds off the excess . .

Then I built my forge. . .while I was building it .. I found out that some other "handyman" was building his. ..and now a boy in his 20 s is gathering tools and intends to build one too. He has a 100 kilo anvil with no horn ( broken off) bellows and some tongs and hammers. ..

Every one is always bringing up youtube videos. I've never seen one. Unless I invest in satellite internet, I'll only get 26.4 Kbps max. with my dial up connection. Well, you have to make some allowances for living way out in the country. At least no one objects to coal smoke and noise (blacksmithing, classic rock, gunfire).

Steve

Howdy neighbor!:cool:Dan.

When I'm at the country side. .and I can spend 2-3 months at a time there. .I don't miss TV or the internet or my PC as long as I have electricity for my grinders and drills :D

The country side in Romania is medieval ..except for the electricity.
It is interesting though ..that the resident blacksmith in our village died 2 years ago ..and his son in law took over .. altho he isn't that good. . he only uses an improvised welder and grinds off the excess . .

Then I built my forge. . .while I was building it .. I found out that some other "handyman" was building his. ..and now a boy in his 20 s is gathering tools and intends to build one too. He has a 100 kilo anvil with no horn ( broken off) bellows and some tongs and hammers. ..

Interesting! maybe you guys could pull together and pool your resources!

No no I mean you Mende could get together with the other guys, the handyman and the 20s dude and put your resources together.

Oh ... I thought of that . But one's reclusive. .one's arrogant and the other is kind of a retard . ..plus .. they are interested more in fixing farming tools and the like. ..beating scythes and hoes ( yeah beat that ho!:cool:)

I want to make swords and knives. ..and the occasional decoration/candle holder/fireplace set etc.

And I'm doing it as a hobby . .although I have the best equipment. . as they did not have the advantage of the internet . .or you guys :D I learned how to obtain stuff online. . I used the TPAAAT before i knew it existed. . .It got me 2 anvils. .

Oh ... I thought of that . But one's reclusive. .one's arrogant and the other is kind of a retard . ..plus .. they are interested more in fixing farming tools and the like. ..beating scythes and hoes ( yeah beat that ho!:cool:)

I want to make swords and knives. ..and the occasional decoration/candle holder/fireplace set etc.

And I'm doing it as a hobby . .although I have the best equipment. . as they did not have the advantage of the internet . .or you guys :D I learned how to obtain stuff online. . I used the TPAAAT before i knew it existed. . .It got me 2 anvils. .

AHh i see:D. Doing as a hobby will allow it to be fun all the time, not so much work, and no shortage of fun info here:).If you need any help or info on swords, feel free to PM me i might be able to help a little bit with what little I know.