I Forge Iron

2nd Knife Drop Point Hunter

syfiguy99

Hey Guys, I've finally finished my second knife.

It is O1 with Wamara for the handle, I started finishing the handle with tung oil but decide to go with teak. I bought the sheath from the Threshers Reunion near Denton Decent Fit luckily.

I quenched it in veggie oil this time :D

20150704_110003.jpg

Hey, looks good!  Did you forge the blade or shape it on a grinder?  How did the veggie oil work for you?  Did you heat the oil first or quench cold? Obviously you'll want to make sure you're working on sharpening up your grind lines unless you went with a convex grind on purpose (some guys do), but that comes with practice and time.

Edited by BlackthornForge

Thanks Guys!! :D I shaped it with a belt sander, Probably not most effective way I know, but its what I had Available.  Veggie oil worked great, I didn't heat the oil and blade bent a little, the knife was a gift for my pastor he retired and he's moving  to Georgia, So I thought this would be a good gift. Thank you for the tip about the grind I will work on that with my next knife I also am planning to do more work on the finish before I put the handle on next time, ran into some trouble with that. Thank you everyone and please tell me if you notice something I should work on in the future as I would like to better my skill.