I Forge Iron

Anvil Repair Scheme

Hehe...downunder, or is it 'Up over'?

As to 'salvage'...I did also manage to 'laterally transfer' a not too shabby ute toolbox. a bit beaten around the edges, (aren't we all), but it now resides in my ute alongside my 'boily' box.

As to those I_products you can find a suitable location and shove 'em! err...rant over.

all I can say is that I know there are many IFI members who would kill for an anvil like that and in that condition.it looks that there you have an Italian pattern anvil (more versatile than the London pattern, IMHO)

the only comment I have is that your "stump", as it's made by apparently soft wood stacked with the grain horizontally, it would be a bit "spongy" and will absorb a lot of the hammer's energy.

It was the only source of timber I could find, however, as I was sorta 'stuffing' about trying to get the height right then 'fab' up a frame. Now, with all the great input I'll definitely make sure of getting a decent stump.

Cheers & beers.