I Forge Iron

I have found a nice Peter Wright anvil being sold In Lincoln, IL and its rather pricey so I was wondering if anyone here could assist me on the pricing its 156 lbs and its not in too awful shape but, I am not sure if they are asking more or too little for the anvil. As well its supposedly made of wrought iron i am not sure that's why I am asking you guys. And I live south of St.Louis rather far away.

As well here is a link:   Sorry IFI does not allow outside sales links

dadasdasdasdasdas.jpg

It is a standard Peter Wright anvil.  It looks to be in great shape.  The price is not out of line in today's market.  Think of it as a long term rental; use it for many years, then either pass it on in your family, or sell it for probably more than you paid for it.

Pay what you can comfortably afford.

Prices vary from location to location, and what pain level each person has. Mine is low, around $1 a pound, and yes I do find them for that. About a month ago I bought a 138# PW for $100. For others, $3+ a pound is reasonable. When prices get that high I would be looking for a big chunk of 20¢ a pound scrap to use for an anvil. As for this anvil,  if you like it, and you can afford it, get it. 

I would pass on that anvil if it is a long drive. Search the St Louis craigslist for anvil, open the link for the mayer trip hammer.  The guy with those has a large amount of anvils.  

Edited by Daniel S