I Forge Iron

Hello from Pittsburgh,PA

Hi everyone. I am new to smithing and also posting anything online. I have been able to find the answers to all of my questions so far, just by reading topics already discussed. I feel like I'm very fortunate to have all the information that is available nowadays between the internet and books that weren't written till the late nineties. It seems like a good time to get involved in all of this. My next move is going to be joining PAABA.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Just remember to build a fire and beat some poor innocent steel into submission now and then. Post pics when you do, projects, tools shop space, pets, Smoothbore has a real thing for cats, cooking, etc. We LOVE pics you know.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. What I didn't mention is that it took me three days to make those tongs. I enjoyed every minute of it though. Shamus, I'm not sure about Ellwood City, I just joined PAABA. It's a blacksmithing group for the Pittsburgh area. Frosty, I bet you have a lot of tongs!

• 2 weeks later...