I Forge Iron

No new posts - Peel River Artist Blacksmiths of Australia

• 1 month later...

I see that the Brisbane Blacksmiths site is still up in the active columns but yours is not, have you not paid your power bill?

(just trying to generate some traffic here)

Is there still that forging day out at Goddards or has that place closed.

Phil

Phil thanks for your interest mate, Goddard's farm/museum was our old home. Dug Goddard had a stroke and sold up in 1999 so all the groups had to find a new home. ( blacksmiths, wood turners, model trains, vintage machinery and lepidopterist collectors.)

So all the Tamworth groups that had money to invest purchased an old water tank factory which was renovated & added to over the past 15 years to become our new home. Groups now consist of  Art, Blacksmithing, Bonsai, Embroidery, Felting, Knitting, Lacemaking, Lapidary, Patchwork, Pottery, Quilting, Silver smithing, Spinning, Weaving, Woodturning. Our total membership runs around the 250 mark, which makes upkeep & insurance an affordable cost.

Craig Drew is planning on having a forging in July 2015 for the coast group at our shed , his hoping for around 40 blacksmiths to attend. Cheers John.

Glen thanks for the advice about groups, I still try getting our club members to log on, but it is hard because of so many interests in other things.

I really wonder how people can do so many things in a week, but then I may be just showing my age. Cheers John.

If they have a reason they will visit. The more you post they more they will want to see what is new. It takes just a few active members to get things rolling, then it hits critical mass and everyone wants on board.

Turn the camera toward your next project and show us the build progress.  No large projects? The small tools, jigs, and set ups you use every day is a good place to start.  Photos are worth 1000 words each (grin).

Edited by Glenn