I Forge Iron

Bill Epps Demo & Anvil Raffle

Well
I want to invite ALL of IFI to come down to Yesteryear Forge for the Blacksmith Guild of Virginia's final monthly meeting of the year. We are going to have a 2 day demo by Bill Epps, and will be raffling off the 500# Euroanvil on Saturday...along with the anvil you will also get a 2 hour tutorial with Bill on Sunday.

Here is more info from Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home

Monthly Meeting: November 17-18

Bill Epps & Euroanvil Raffle
Location: Yesteryear Forge 15421 Five Forks Rd. Amelia VA 23002
Time: 10am-3pm
Lunch: provided Please RSVP president@blacksmithguildofva.com or 434.390.6203

Reminders: Don't forget to bring something for Iron In The Hat!!! A chair, and your camera.

Directions: From 360 east or west turn across from Goodman Truck & Tractor onto business 360. Go to the first road on your right and turn right. Continue to the stop sign. Go straight through the intersection and proceed approx. 2 miles. Yesteryear Forge is on the right up on a hill-look for a brick house and a black anvil sign in the front yard. The forge is all the way in the back. There is plenty of parking by the forge.

500 LBS. EUROANVIL RAFFLE: NOVEMBER 17TH
IMG_0932.jpg
This anvil is brand new and has NEVER been used! This is your chance at a brand new $1,400+ anvil! It is the anvil of choice for smiths like Uri Hofi, Elmer Roush, Alwin Wagener, and others. The winner of this anvil will also get a 2 hour intensive one-on-one session with Bill Epps on Sunday the 18th to go over anything of your choice.
TICKETS ARE ONLY $1.00!!!
YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!!

Let me know if you are planning on coming. Lunch on Saturday is provided...Sunday is bring your own...email me: president@blacksmithguildofva.com or you can just reply to the thread if you want...

This is a great opportnity to see one a fellow IFI member and to get a chance at a great anvil.

www.blacksmithsupply.com will also be there with the on site store for anyone interested in buying some tooling!!!

Peyton

If I didn't have a Thanksgiving trip to GA to think about, I'd be there for sure, and I'd do my best to win that anvil. Wouldn't know what to do with a real anvil though. The improvement from a Harbor Freight anvil to that thing is beyond compare.

Well...we are less than a week away from a great opportunity for anyone interested to come spend the day seeing Bill demo. And possibly win a 500# anvil!!!!!

Blacksmith Supply will NOT be showing up. John had something unexpected pop up and he will be on the road for his other job...but that does not mean you can't buy it from his site: Blacksmith Supply

More info on: Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home

Hope some of ya'll can make it out there! Mike's shop is worth the trip in itself no matter the demonstrator. But Bill sure is a great reason to come on over!!!!!!!

Peyton

it's a little further and pricier but my crew is staying at the Comfort inn in burkeville on saturday night.

There is a nice Italian restaurant in burkeville right as you pull off the highway.

We stayed there for the hamer in and it was a nice place.

-Solvarr

Just in case anyone was wondering there is a nice campground about 5 miles from Yesteryear Forge.
Here is a link to their website: Welcome to the Amelia Family Campground

Peyton