I Forge Iron

Any info ????

jukejoint

It is an ancient squirrel cage blower. If you knew the diameter of both openings, the diameter of the squirrel wheel and the RPMs of the motor, a rough estimate of it's CFMs could be made. (cubic feet per minute). There is no doubt it will make a forge work, the only question is how large of a forge it will run. 

The blower itself will be usable, since the bearings are in the motor. You may want to see what is available at https://www.surpluscenter.com/   

Thanks for the reply the outlet is 4 in the inlet is also 4 and the cage it self is 5 in motor if I can get it working says 1725 speed 1/20 hp  I took the motor apart and it needs brushes hope it works if not might try to hook a new one up to the blower the blower itself is nice and heavy duty

update on the vintage GE motor ,,,put new brushes into it nothing so I took it to a place in town and the said it was toast (armature) so iam sending it to a place in Florida that can get it going again ,if it aint crazy high been trying to find a replacement for it but no look yet  the closest Ive got so far is a unit bearing motor but have not been able to put my hands and eyes on one to see if I can make it work ,not to many motors out there with a 3/8 shaft that's 2 in long