I Forge Iron

4x6 bandsaw blade recommendation

What bandsaw blade brand have you had luck with.  I pick up a 4x6 Buffalo bandsaw about a week ago. After a few hours of tuning it cuts straight. I'm using an Olson blade and it's working great for 1/4 steel tubing, Cost is a little high but not to bad. 

Here is a great video on tuning up a 4x6 band saw.

White, bi metal Lennox multi tpi. The bi metal blades are far less susceptible to dirt dulling the teeth. Unfortunately they're not much for adding to a pattern weld like a mono metal blade. How's that for thinking ahead? Giving consideration to what to do with the dull and broken blades when I buy the things.

The rule of thumb for saws is 3 teeth on the stock at all times. Finer is NOT better, too fine and the cuttings won't clear the kerf, jam and gall the blade. Too coarse, the teeth will want to just dig in without being able to part the chip and jam. You can more easily get away with too coarse than too fine a blade by reducing the feed rate/weight.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...