I Forge Iron

Pretty scrap forge

Joel OF

A few weeks back I made this little forge & legs for my old hand cranked blower as I had a demo coming up, thought I'd share the pics. If I had more time I'd have made the blower legs folding but it was all done pretty quick & made with scrap that was at hand.

The fire box is made from a chunk of RSJ, the legs were 20mm bar off a gate, (I forged and twisted them), the pipe was just stuff knocking about. There's some scrap angle iron in there too and some other bits of random junk, the only thing I bought was the flexi air pipe. Works really well, I've forge welded with it & looks kinda pretty for something made from stuff that was otherwise a trip hazard!

I'm a very lucky boy that I work alongside a fabricator who has free scrap galore!
post-26685-0-42225400-1399915592_thumb.j  post-26685-0-06126700-1399915773_thumb.j  post-26685-0-27507200-1399915970_thumb.j

Very nice work.  I'm a big believer in adding interesting details to even the mundane tools, especially if it's something a customer might see.  Shows the smith's imagination and ability in a way that a wall full of samples can't.